Friday, July 06, 2007

BDB.com hacked.

Do not visit baddogbooks.com at present; our hosting provider has been hacked and baddogbooks.com yields a blank page which in actuality hosts an iframe which links to the potentially malicious site good-traffic.hk.

If you have visited baddogbooks.com and saw the blank page, please take precautions: install a recent malware and virus scanner, if only the shareware version, and check that your system is secure.

At this point, there isn't any evidence that the site is dangerous, but you can never be too careful.

I've tried everything I can do at my end -- FTP still works and I still have access to the baddogbooks.com cpanel, but no folders can be accessed (even though I can see they exist when I use FTP) and the main page redirects to that good-traffic place.

Be careful, and I'll let you know when all's been restored!

- Alex Vance

No comments: